We invite engineering leaders, researchers, educators, innovators, entrepreneurs, and students to submit their original manuscripts TEMSCON-EUR 2021. Contributions may take the form of academic research or practice-focused papers, to help advance the understanding and the state of practice related to successful technology and engineering management.
Research papers may be conceptual, empirical, or theoretical, but they must discuss how the results could be applied in practice. Practice-focused papers may consist of case studies, description of best practices, or application experiences, but they should also shed light on new challenges and unresolved future issues, which could be addressed by the research community. TEMSCON-EUR 2021 will provide a venue where different points of view interact to yield a new understanding and new ideas on leading innovation processes as well as the future of technology and engineering management.
Acceptance of papers for presentation at TEMSCON 2020 will be based on a full paper review (not an abstract review). Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in an issue of our flagship journals. This would include research articles suitable for our journal IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (IEEE TEM) and practical and case study articles suitable for our journal of practice, the IEEE Engineering Management Review (IEEE EMR). All papers would have to be suitably expanded beyond the conference paper for IEEE TEM. IEEE EMR submissions would need to be edited, targeted and formatted for one of three types of papers published by IEEE EMR. Each paper will be subject to the corresponding journal’s rigorous peer review process.
TEMSCON-EUR 2021 is using the EDAS Paper Processing System for paper submissions. If you have not used EDAS before, see EDAS Instructions page. Note that every co-author must have an EDAS account. It only requires an email address and there is no cost, anyone can sign up at htto://edas.info.
The following steps overview the paper submission, acceptance and required steps for your paper to appear in Xplore:
- Submit the paper for review with EDAS, the link is https://edas.info/N28081 to the desired track of the conference
- The paper will be blind reviewed and you will be notified. Note this is a content, not format review.
- You will be notified if the paper is accepted. If accepted check the format (template below) and check it with PDF eXpress account 52034X
- The paper acceptance fee must be paid, the IEEE electronic copyright form signed and the final version uploaded.
- At least one author must register with the conference. If a Visa letter is needed then follow the instructions under visa. No letter will be provided unless the person is registered
- Authors will be notified when their paper should be presented. One of the authors must present the paper at the conference. In exceptional cases an alternate may present the results with the agreement of the conference program committee.
- Authors must submit the draft version of their paper for review before the submission deadline (see “Important dates”). In order to avoid potential problems during last few days before a deadline, all Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their papers well in advance.
- Acceptance to present at TEMSCON-EUR 2021 will be based on a full-paper review (not an abstract review).
- Follow all of these steps and accepted and presented papers that meet IEEE quality guidelines will be submitted with the conference proceedings to IEEE Xplore.
- Any missteps including incorrect formatting, not signing IEEE Copyright, not paying fees or registration or not attending to present will result in the paper not appearing in Xplore.
Paper Preparation for Submission
All papers must follow the IEEE manuscript template for conference proceedings. Authors submit papers via EDAS paper processing system at the link https://edas.info/N28081. All submitted papers for review are full papers not abstracts. Download Template
- Submitted manuscripts for IEEE TEMSCON-EUR 2021 should be in PDF, US Letter (8.5 x 11 inches) double column format with a maximum length of eight (8) pages including figures and references.
- The maximum font size allowed is 10. Papers no longer than 6 pages are highly encouraged. 7-page and 8-page papers are allowed, with a charge of $100/page greater than 6 paid at registration.
- Papers longer than 8 pages will be rejected without review. Manuscripts should not contain page numbers, headers or footers, in 2-column format.
- For PDFs, use PDF/A format, fonts must be embedded, with no bookmarks, and no hyperlinks (URL in text OK).
- Total file size for each submission cannot exceed 10 MB. There is a maximum of 2 papers per author.
All authors are advised to be familiar with IEEE guidelines before submitting their manuscript, including the IEEE Policy on Plagiarism and on Double Submission. The Program Committee will verify the originality of submitted manuscripts by using CrossCheck, which is an anti-plagiarism software, comparing submitted papers with previously published work worldwide. Manuscripts that violate IEEE’s publication principles will be immediately rejected. If the violation is deemed severe, then disciplinary actions may also be taken by IEEE.
Paper Formatting Requirements
The formats and templates information is from the standard conference template on the IEEE web at https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html. Download Template
Submitted manuscripts for IEEE TEMSCON-EUR 2021 must be in PDF must follow the IEEE paper template and satisfy the following requirements:
- Manuscript must be in English
- Please make sure to follow the IEEE two-column format, single-spaced, ten-point font in the text. Margins: top 0.75” (1.9 cm); left and right 0.62” (1.2 cm); bottom 1” (2.54 cm). The abstract should be 100-200 words, but is limited to a maximum of one pages (two pages for invited speakers).
- Papers must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF) format.
- Do not use: page headers, page numbers, page footers, copyright footer.
- All fonts must be embedded in the PDF file (in Word, create the PDF with “ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)” option).
- Authors MUST submit their papers electronically using EDAS as described above.
- No Bookmarks are allowed in the PDF.
- No hyperlinks are allowed in the PDF. [In Word to remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.] (Note: some recent versions of Word insert internal links for footnotes and figures.)
- To help find margin issues, enable “Show text boundaries” in MS Word. Go into Main/File, then Word Options, then Advanced. Then check the box under “Show document content” for “Show text boundaries”. That lets you see where figures are intruding into the margins. Also, if you reset the margins, you have to select the whole document before you apply “margins.”
Each author listed on page one of the manuscript is encouraged, also, to add a brief 100 word biography about themselves at the end of the manuscript, following the References section.
Submissions can be in PDF or LaTeX. The PDF format can be created from a word processor such as MS Word. The open source editor LyX is suggested for best LaTeX quality with the minimum editing effort thanks to its very easy and effective visual interface. Stunning graphics can be obtained using Inkscape, an open source Scalable Vector Graphics software.
IEEE is very strict about the requirements for PDF files for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, but formal control is needed only during final submission of accepted papers; therefore, IEEE PDF eXpress® service is not available for draft version of papers, but will be in place for use for the final submission of papers. Please use the template noted above to create your paper, without modifying style and/or format.
You will be notified if your paper is accepted. Once accepted please check the final version with PDF eXpress account 52034X (web https://ieee-pdf-express.org). This tool will check possible formatting errors for Xplore. (if you have not used PDF eXpress before start with the New User click).
IEEE PDF eXpress
We encourage authors to check their papers for TEMSCON-EUR 2021 using the IEEE PDF eXpress system https://ieee-pdf-express.org before they are submitted to the conference in EDAS. Here are the basic instructions for using PDF eXpress:
- First-time users: Go to https://ieee-pdf-express.org. Select “New Users – Click Here“, then enter your email address and a memorable password, and the Conference ID 47658X.
- Previous users: Go to https://ieee-pdf-express.org. Enter 47658X for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account. When you click “Login“, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue“. By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to the TEMSCON-EUR conference.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title“.
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended).
- Click “Submit PDF for checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion“.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click “Browse” and navigate to file, and click “Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
- If your PDF submitted fails the check: Submit your source file again by clicking “Try again“, Read the PDF Check Report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions, or Request Technical Help through your account.
- If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF: Resubmit your source file with corrections by clicking “Try again“, or if that fails, “Request a Manual Conversion“through your account.
- If the PDF submitted passed the check: If the PDF passed, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF, submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF using the Submission Process above.
Copyright Accepted papers that are copyrighted to IEEE and presented at the conference by at least one of the authors will be will be eligible for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, once it meets the requirements of an IEEE quality review. TEMSCON-EUR has enabled the EDAS IEEE eCopyright function (ECF). With ECF, authors are redirected to an IEEE web site and fill in the IEEE copyright form on the web. The ECF then reports completion of the web form to EDAS, allowing the author to upload the form. Thus, authors do not have to print, fill out and upload copyright forms manually.